Exo Terra vs Zoo Med

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one Chinese, and now 3 ghost L2s (that are the cutest little things EVER)

I wasn't even going to attempt the idolos until next year, but I want to set my enclosures up for them awhile. I was planning on getting 3 medium, and 2 large.

I know I have a lot to learn in the meantime, I just want to set these up for now to get the hang of using them.

I totally hate them too. Stuff can get behind them, and they have that little gap up top that geckos seem to always hide in waiting to jump out. Plus they aren't great looking. Much better to make your own background.

I still didn't choose yet. I bought 4 little critter keepers in the meantime. I didn't need them yet, but will need to choose eventually I guess.

In my opinion if you are going with glass terrariums then go with the exos.The zoomed locks almost always break over time.I have many exos and only a few zoomeds left.I got rid of my zoomeds as they broke.I also like the split doors on the exos.It's easier to work without having escapees.I raise dartfrogs so this is an important feature for me.Please excuse me if you already made your choice being this thread is a few months old.I just wanted to weigh in in case you haven't.

Let me jump in here for my first outing on this site. If any one has a "Repticon" show near their home that can be a great place to look for all kinds of goodies. I just checked their web site and the only one that looks to be near you is Baltimore on Sept 20/21. The rest of you fokes might look at their web site at repticon.com for a show near you. I bought a "ghost" and my sister a "flower" at the last show along with a snake and a cute little gecko that winked at me every time I passed the table she was on. This was at the last Atlanta show. The next one here is July and I`m ready to go. There was a dealer there that had cages at a very good discount.My sister and I both have several Exo-Terra cages and have been very happy with them. The only thing neg at all I could say about the E-T`s I have is that I soon removed the pretty styrofoam backs from them because it gave the feeder bugs a place to hide. I am about to buy another big one and will buy E-T again.

" The only thing neg at all I could say about the E-T`s I have is that I soon removed the pretty styrofoam backs from them because it gave the feeder bugs a place to hide. I am about to buy another big one and will buy E-T again.
I chink all the space between the styrofoam and top lip with moss so that nothing can get behind them.

Latest posts