Finally a Adult Male Idolo

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelofdeathzz

Reaction score
My male Idolo molted last night to adult, my female is L8 with one molt to go.

If anyone has a adult female(L9) PM me if you want to work out a ooth split, or if you want to sell a adult female straight out?

I would keep 1st ooth send you the 2nd, keep 3rd, send you the 4th and so on. :)

He is in perfect A1 pristine condition, and he eats like a horse.

It seems most people have Females with no Males, so this is your chance. ;)

P.S. I would like to thank Precarious for incouraging me to get these ZooMed tanks, not one bad molt since I started using them with all my mantids. B)

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

nice. yeah, the terrariums are the way to go. net cages are old school and out dated unless you have 60%+ RH in your room.

my ghosts have it made in the shade in them. my rooms RH is only 40% -50%. yet I mist only once in the daytime and have 65% durring the day, and as much as 90% at night.

you just can't go wrong with the zoomeds or exo-terras.

Harry

YEAH!!!

Congratulation, my friend! You did it!

:lol: :clap: :lol:

My girls are gettin' all pretty looking forward to a date.

IMAG0559.jpg

i think this is a female because of the curvy thin antennae, but i just got the subadult molt figured out.

had to have taken under 2 hours while i was reading a book!

congrats on your male!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Unfortunately my adult male died the other day. :( Where did you buy your plastic matrix? Also, what is the thing on the left side of the image? Good luck with breeding. :)

the plastic matrix was from a craft store; it has something to do with crochet.

the thing on the left is an idolo ooth that i got from frey for six bucks; that probably wont hatch.

I use a similar plastic mesh that I got from mantisplace for the tops of my acrylic enclosures. I have wide mesh screen on the backs for climbing, but never thought of them for the "flip". Pretty "crafty" (pun intended).

:)

Very clever flip screen. I knew mine was a male at pre sub adult due too the thicker longer antennae, well and I'd catch him reading Playboy when he thought I wasn't looking. :lol:

Thanks, I hope the flip screen comes in handy on his next molt. I'll try to get a picture if I'm lucky enough to catch it in action.

Latest posts