Found a spider and her egg case

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidLover21

Reaction score
It a medium brownish spider under some cardboard that is attached (or holding on to, which one is it?) a white circular thing, which I assume is it's egg case. Will it hatch? If so, when? What should I do to care for the spider/egg case?

:) I will- although I carried it in with my hands into the house. I don't think it can bite me on that egg case. Is it attached, do you know- oh, and I looked up brown recluse and it definitally isn't one.

:)

So...how do I feed it? It was under some cardboard, and had a little nest in the dirt- no web. Does it need to eat (dumb question). Is it attached to the eggs? How do I care for it? I'd love to keep the eggs and have them hatch.

:)

So...how do I feed it? It was under some cardboard, and had a little nest in the dirt- no web. Does it need to eat (dumb question). Is it attached to the eggs? How do I care for it? I'd love to keep the eggs and have them hatch.
I would give her things like cockroaches, moths, crickets that look small enough for her to catch.

So...she doesn't need a web to catch her food?

I think I might know what she is...she looks just like this picture: I think maybe it's a Grass Spider?

IMG_4430.jpg

No, I'm positive it's not a wolf spider. Her body is way to big and circular, and we have tons of wolf spiders here- I could go catch one and compare them, but I'm sure she's not. 100% positive. And it said with the picture that it was a grass spider. Although I'm still not quite sure that what she is- her body is alot bigger and rounder. Maybe she has to lay some more eggs?

No, I'm positive it's not a wolf spider. Her body is way to big and circular, and we have tons of wolf spiders here- I could go catch one and compare them, but I'm sure she's not. 100% positive. And it said with the picture that it was a grass spider. Although I'm still not quite sure that what she is- her body is alot bigger and rounder. Maybe she has to lay some more eggs?
I think she just ate a lot after laying her egg sack. There are many kinds of wolf spiders.

I think she just ate a lot after laying her egg sack. There are many kinds of wolf spiders.
Hmm...yeah, maybe she's just a rare variety. I've never seen one like her, though. I"ll try to get a picture up soon to clear it up. So should I try to feed Her? Can she catch them without a web? Will will the babies hatch?

Latest posts