Ghost Mantis L3/4 don't seem to be eating the fruit flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrillhouse

Reaction score
I'm not sure how old my mantis are, but I'm assuming somewhere between L3 and L4, and I believe they're both male. I started with mal fruit flies, but they seemed a little small for them, so moved on to hyd fruit flies, but they haven't seemed to eat them either. I also offered the smallest superworms, but they refused those too. It's been a week, they've both had a successful molt, but they don't seem to be eating.

I'm not sure where to order fly pupae, and because it's around 100 degrees where I am I've been trying to avoid ordering any live insects for fear of them not making it. Should I just try to order some house flies?

Are they in danger? Is there something I can do to make sure they're healthy?

Make sure the enclosure is not too large. Also it takes a few days for ghost to start eating after molting.

Keep us posted on your progress

They definitely come in contact with the fruit flies, and usually kick them across the jar when they crawl on them.

Hello :)

I wouldn't worry too much. Ghosts tend to "park it" @L4 for much longer than other nymph stages. They also may be getting ready to molt. They usually won't eat a day or 2 before a molt.

Regardless, they likely will stay @L4 (Ghosts) for longer than any other stage.

I'm sure they'll be ok. I'm sending them my Ghostly love <3

I breed Ghosts. (Other species too)

Aren't they the best!

Patty

Latest posts