Ghost ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budwing

Reaction score
I have a ghost ooth that appears to have only one nymph hatched from it. I know some nymphs can hatch out a day or two before the rest. When I saw the one nymph come out I was all prepared for another 15 + nymphs but no more came out.  Its been about 4 days since it hatched. The ooth is kept at 23°C - 27°C. Did anyone have any similar experience with ghost ootheca ?.

It sounds like it was mostly infertile. It happens with ghosts sometimes.

- MantisGirl13

Thanks @MantisGirl13. I can relax now and stop checking on it to see where the rest of the nymphs are ☺. Thanks @hibiscusmile Iv just been keeping them at the same temperatures as the parents. Another ooth I have seems to be a no show also. It was laid on the same day as another female ooth which hatched weeks ago. All the females were mated multiple times by two males. I knew some eggs would be infertile and the ooths wont hatch but 1 nymph lol. I wont be selling my ghost ooths anymore. Could be one of the males was infertile or had low fertility.

I doubt it would be down to one of the males being infertile as both males would have mated with the female, now I think of it. So it would need to be the female that wasnt producing viable eggs. All I can do is wait and see how the other ooth hatch out.

Latest posts