Greetings!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm Kain and I'm from Northern England. I have been keeping stick insects on and off for ages (small spiny sticks mainly) and on a complete impulsive whim I totally fell in love with, and bought, two very beautiful Ghost Mantid nymphs 2nd instar apparently.

Ok and here commences the obligatory noobie question lol.

There are so many conflicting guides on the internet on how to look after them best I'm now not sure what to do! Should I keep them seperate in little clear plastic cup things like I have seen in some pics from breeders or should I keep them in one of my rectangular kricket keeper things (Annoyingly I can't find a supplier for the tubular ones in England.) together as I have read that ghost mantids can be kept together as long as there is enough food/room?

Welcome.

You have come to the right place. The net is full of bad info. That species can tolerate living together. However keep in mind that cannibalism can occur with any mantis species. It is unlikely with a few like Ghosts so if you're worried get seperate enclosures.

Welcome.

You have come to the right place. The net is full of bad info. That species can tolerate living together. However keep in mind that cannibalism can occur with any mantis species. It is unlikely with a few like Ghosts so if you're worried get seperate enclosures.
Cheers for the welcome ;p i will probably be on here alot over the coming months whilst raising my beautiful new babies ;p Im really tempted to try them together first and see how it goes, though if worst comes to worst i have just taken a look thru the forums and some people have made some ingenius split-tanks from kritter keepers and they look pretty cool!

Welcome, wandering violins (Gongylus gongiloides) are also a good species together.
They look beautiful Angelofdeathzz, but think I will crawl before I walk and stick with my 2 ghosts for now lol

I've read that females tend to chomp males, but also being a newb I haven't experimented myself. I keep all of mine separate just to be safe. Welcome to the forum! There's lots of great folks here to help you out.

Latest posts