Guess what I'm getting!!! :D

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, you might like to try www.thespidershop.co.uk, i dont think they have any at the moment, but I often see cobalt blues there.

Congrats on the newcomers.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ...... omg.... how old are these? I only ever seen slings!

they're juves!!! so they should be pretty easy to take care of... Hoping to get them to mating age and then sell on the kiddies :)

Hey SammY, Aren't you playing with fire? :shock: I heard they are really fast(h.Lavidum), Watch those digits buddy. H. Lavidum can bite you before you realize you've been bit. Both species are very beautiful though. Good choices. :wink:

It's not so much that they're fast, just that they tend to have a temper, they're certainly not slow though. A friend of mine was insistent that hers was 'tame' until it bit her. If you keep them in a true habitat setup then you hardly see them as well because they love a deep burrow. The nice ones are often hard to see :)

yeah, know the feeling about the pretty being reclusive... and yeah, heard that H.lividum are really aggressive but hey, that's half the fun! I have tanks that will be more than suitable for them... :)

Don't know how many people have thought about this- but they work great for me... Those cereal dispensers (the plastic tubs with a lid and a whole to pour your cereal out of) work great for burrowing species... - they're narrow so you can see the tunnels and they have an easy access lid :D - pretty good for arboreal species too - just put some cork up the side instead of soil :D

Oh yeah, Jon your a genius lol I think my mum has one of those.. looks like its going to end up missing :roll:

think they sell them in poundstretcher and these cheap *dime-stores* - those places are a godsend- plastic cups, plastic boxes, netting... can't go wrong :D

but shame... he's not sending my cyanopubescens until monday :(

The way to get the best blue colour on your photos is all to do with the flash :wink: You do get some very bright cobalt blues though, have seen them myself, but even the 'duller blue' are damn blue...

Like Dave said, it takes a few shots I think to get the brightest blue as it depends on how much light there is on it. Very pretty though indeed...

Latest posts