Haania sp. (Moss Mantis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrian over in Germany seems to have had progress with these, I have seen him selling Haania confusa nymphs. He must have bred them and had them a bit to sell them in the first place. I like the newer sp. better though, those eyes are WICKED.

Henry ---------- Equipment? BAH !! You have the soul of a master. You could do this with a pinhole camera. Thousands of $$ of equipment? More like thousands of hours of trial and error and tenacity and perseverance and sweat and tears.

Studying your work is a joy.

Henry ---------- Equipment? BAH !! You have the soul of a master. You could do this with a pinhole camera. Thousands of $$ of equipment? More like thousands of hours of trial and error and tenacity and perseverance and sweat and tears.

Studying your work is a joy.
Thanks! I appreciate that.

And with amazing timing I am hit with horrible new developments. One of the two nymphs was dead in the cup this morning. The second, the one in the photo, molted and had rear legs stuck. I don't expect it to survive next molt. :( Does anyone still think I am able to write a meaningful care sheet? I think not.

Adrian over in Germany seems to have had progress with these, I have seen him selling Haania confusa nymphs. He must have bred them and had them a bit to sell them in the first place. I like the newer sp. better though, those eyes are WICKED.
Glad to hear someone is having some success!

I think Adrian gets his from "Tanzania Reptiles" on FB. Not entirely sure, but that person had them too. They come from somewhere..

I'll make you a deal. If you can get a publisher to back this magazine I'll supply all the photos...

MANTISFANCY-sm-.jpg
You could always write me a nice article on your moss mantis experience and I could put it in inverterbrates magazine with a moss mantis cover.

There's is a MAGAZINE FOR THAT!!!!!! sweet! Perhaps Adrian did receive his form them, but it seems he has been keeping them, Sally how are your nymphs?

You could always write me a nice article on your moss mantis experience and I could put it in inverterbrates magazine with a moss mantis cover.
I'd be up for that. Happy to share photos and my limited experience. I just don't feel I have any solid stats on care. Would hate to lead anyone down the wrong path and they end up with infertile ooths like me.

Hey i just seen this video too

Is this Majangella sp?

Looks to be a bigger moss mantis

... How exciting!... Anyone know someone in Ecuador? To hooked up with these ones..

I think the moss mantis is one of my favorites..I think they look so unique, but I think the reason(OCD) it stays on my mind (OCD)... is the "can't" have factor...

Damn Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!

Definitely not majangela. That is from south America. majangela live in Asia. that is pogonogaster sp.

... How exciting!... Anyone know someone in Ecuador? To hooked up with these ones..

I think the moss mantis is one of my favorites..I think they look so unique, but I think the reason(OCD) it stays on my mind (OCD)... is the "can't" have factor...

Damn Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!
I know it's in the works. We'll see how soon it pans out.

Definitely not majangela. That is from south America. majangela live in Asia. that is pogonogaster sp.
Tomato, potato? Me want!

Latest posts