Has anyone been bitten by their mantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch! (Do you mind if I ask how you know what two tiny beetles digging through your skin feels like?)

- MantisGirl13
Autocorrect strikes again!🙄 Tiny needles, not beetles! But I WAS bitten by a lucanus placidus male...his mandibles sunk into my skin and literally locked underneath it so I had this beetles that was stuck on my finger for a few minutes...the only way to get him off was to spray him with water and put a stick underneath him so he’d bite that instead. 

Autocorrect strikes again!🙄 Tiny needles, not beetles! But I WAS bitten by a lucanus placidus male...his mandibles sunk into my skin and literally locked underneath it so I had this beetles that was stuck on my finger for a few minutes...the only way to get him off was to spray him with water and put a stick underneath him so he’d bite that instead. 
Lol 🤣

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading this stuff really freaks me out from holding any of my mantids. Lol. My venosa struck at me, and I haven't held her since!

I had an adult male T. sinensis bite me once. I was sitting with it on my hand, and it just started nibbling. 

I open cups in a mesh cube if I need to and there are flies in the cups. So I decided to throw my trash disposal in the cube (my venosa). When she was done with the flies, I went to retrieve her and she beat me the snot outta me the whole time getting out! 😭😂

I open cups in a mesh cube if I need to and there are flies in the cups. So I decided to throw my trash disposal in the cube (my venosa). When she was done with the flies, I went to retrieve her and she beat me the snot outta me the whole time getting out! 😭😂
Lol and ouch.

- MantisGirl13

hahaha, Your venosa is mean too you🤣

Latest posts