"Hello!" from Koula...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koula

Reaction score
Hi all, my names Koula, I'm from Australia and I'm into phasmids and mantids (especially mantids). A friend of mine directed me to this forum and it looks awesome. B)

I have a really nice female spiny leaf insect, she's not quite full-sized adult yet, but it's getting there. Zig-zag Wattle leaves seem to be her favourite leaf meal.

I don't have any mantises yet, but I've got a few nice set-ups ready to house some of the big green species when they become available. I currently have 2 wild-caught oothecas sitting in hathcing cups to see if anything'll happen.

I also have a large female tarantula from the Mackay/Sarina area. She's a beautiful dark grey/dusky-brown colour with black femurs, I've kept her for about 5 or 6 years now. I bred her with a local friend's male spider some years back so now her captive-bred spiderlings are likely to be among some people's collections by now.

Other animals I keep include a male southern ranges Murray Darling python, a small black rainforest scorpion, a chubby tri-colour guinea pig and a mischief of fat, spoilt fancy pet rats.

Anyhows, I'm happy to have joined the Mantidforum, it looks like a great site and hoping I make a few good friends here. :lol:

Welcome from Yuma, AZ, USA!

Those "big green mantids" that you're waiting for wouldn't happen to be Archimantis sobrina and Hierodula majuscula, would they? :D

From Queensland or just there on vacation? We have a couple on the forum from NSW, who raise mantids and phasmids.

Hey mate. Nice to see you on the forum. You'll find a lot of useful info here. (And your mantids will be in the post on monday! :) )

Hey Koula,

glad you made it! You'll be using the common names or binomials of the mantids in no time.

James (Neomantis).

Phil: big green = Hierodula :)