Hello from NJ

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norlin

Reaction score
Hi,

Just signed up today. One of my two ootheca hatched two days ago and last night I started to feed them fruit flies which were all greedily snatched up. Made me glad because I had read several stories of nymphs not eating at all and just dying off. I bought these to release into my garden to eat all the pesky bugs and keep them off the hops I'm growing for my beer brewing hobby. But ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated by bugs so I'm definitely holding on to quite a few for pets. These are chinese mantids so that I can release them outside but I'm definitely developing a curiosity for some of the other species out there. How do you guys go about acquiring other varieties? I think I'll poke around these forums some to see if there's some classifieds or trading posts! Looking forward to reading a lot around here. Hi!

Welcome to the forum. Usually you can find other varieties in the for sale/wanted forum. Or you can check out mantisplace.com or mantispets.com.