Hello from Salt Lake City

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrillhouse

Reaction score
I'm an enormous mantis fan, and wasn't sure if keeping a pet mantis was at all common. I'm super happy that I was able to see such an active community surrounding the hobby. My girlfriend and I are both allergic to most pets, and a mantis, including its size and care, would be perfect for us. I'm excited to get started, and was hoping I could get directed to some good resources for beginners. 

I'm hoping to begin with a ghost nymph and feeder materials, but looking around online I haven't had much luck.

Welcome to the fourm I absolutely love mantids and the hobby and so will you  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! ghosts are really cool you will like them and they seem to be available fairly regularly. buy some 32oz cups from whoever you buy your mantis from, I bought critter keepers from petco at first and am wayyyy more satisfied with the clear cups. They look nice and organized and you don't lose site of your little guy in the lid like you do on the keepers

Latest posts