Hierodula majuscula L6 pair Pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybon

Reaction score
Hey guys I just thought I would share some more pics of my favourite mantids, these guys are so aggressive and amazing eaters (the female ate 6 small crickets and a large cockroach today). They are sub-adult now and hopefully less than a week from being adults, I can't wait to see some wings! Do the females have an extra molt than the males before becoming adults, or are they both one molt off like I suspect?

My male

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

My female

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

Love'n the bright green color on them! btw I left some info for you on the Mega's in the mantis list thread for your website. :)

They look good. I would say 2-3 weeks and you will have adults.

Awesome! Could u post some pics of Kongobatha diademata?
Yes I can, I will try and take some in the next couple of hours (my girlfriend is still asleep it's 8:45am here). They are very small though but I will try my best. I will also try and get one eating, they are extremely cool when they hunt as they just sway like a twig then run at the flies. They are so quick.

Love'n the bright green color on them! btw I left some info for you on the Mega's in the mantis list thread for your website. :)
I did get that thank you, I am working down the list in alphabetical order and will add it ASAP. I think I made up 5-6 care sheets yesterday, which takes about 30-60minutes per species to find and add the information. Some species are harder than others because there are only little bits of info here and there and no care sheets have been made yet.

EDIT: and I was at university from 9-3pm as well. Today I only have a 1 hour class so I will be working harder :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts