High temp breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massaman

Reaction score
Just curious if you have a species that would require higher temperatures when it comes to breeding would it be possible to kind of cheat on that and use the regular breeding techniques or would they not even work with some of the species that require the higher temps to get in the mood for breeding such as the Thistle Mantis or species of that nature?

Won't work. Temperature is a necessity with a lot of species, and, in addition, the convention breeding techniques still apply.

Hello All,

In my experience B mendica required higher temps than normal to induce the mating behavior.

I don't know if you can cheat by decreasing the temps.

francisco

Getting two thistle mantids at l4 from the UK but limited on how to raise the temp as I got a water bed heater and like a small aquarium but hard to jury rig a light to use instead and dont have a screen lid and the store where I got the tank from dont sell lids for aquariums either so had to resort to a make shift lid made out of cardboard for now!

The cardboard lid is fine, wont hurt, just make sure no fire hazard, the temps for them at night are lower than day, so they really get a cooling off period by theirselves, I would stay with traditional temps and u should have good luck with them.

Latest posts