How do you measure humidity?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AikoAiko

Reaction score
What is the best way to measure humidity in a mantis cage? I've read some very specific humidity levels listed on many mantis care sheets. I live in Colorado and it is very dry here. On the other hand, I don't want it so humid that I grow mold in my enclosures. Any advice appreciated.

Aiko

Colorado, USA

What is the best way to measure humidity in a mantis cage? I've read some very specific humidity levels listed on many mantis care sheets. I live in Colorado and it is very dry here. On the other hand, I don't want it so humid that I grow mold in my enclosures. Any advice appreciated.Aiko

Colorado, USA
You can get little hygrometers to measure humidity as sold for reptiles. No idea how accurate they are though.

HTH

Huw

hydrometer with temputure and humiderty..its digital and has max and min on it so i know how high its got over night

like rick said u dont need them..just mist every few days it will be fine.if u have 1 or 2 tanks it might be worth getting a couple but if u have lots and lots of mantids it wouldn't be practical to measure every cup..as long as the medium is wet its good enough.

I bought a hygrometer yesterday, and unless you mount the probe inside the enclosure of the mantis, the reading you get is completely inaccurate and pointless to what you need. I had mine mounted directly above my ghosts and it read at ~40%. While the ghosts inside are higher than this.

I would just look after them as others have instructed and you will be fine, but if you really want to buy one you could look at the one I got, it only cost me £8 and has a probe to read, most of the others have built in detectors which dont help seeming the units too large to fit inside a polystyrene cup! :lol:

Hygrometer

Stuart.

Latest posts