How many mantids do you have?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them as they are rather large, very unique and strange little things. I took to calling them my 'wiggle buddies' cause they constantly do their little mantis dance wiggle which never ceased to amuse me. They can be massive wussies and divas at times when it comes to trying to feed them but nothing a bit of patience can't overcome.

Ghosts are quiet easy, calm, and beautiful little leaf mimics. I have not tried communal yet as I only had 6 or so individuals this time around and did not want to risk it. My feeder colonies were not as established as I needed them to be either which is likely why both my violin and ghosts males got murdered by the females after mating :(  If any of my ghost ooths hatch tho I´m so setting up a large communal tank as I have proper feeders cranking out now! I am excited!
Ghosts are the best! I keep mine communally.

- MantisGirl13

@mantidmommaWow,  that is a lot of mandtids :blink: what do you with them whem you are going on vacation?
We have not been able to go on vacation this year because of these guys!  :)   I am taking my son on a 2 day getaway this weekend and his dad is going to watch them. He did this for us in May and all was well. I feed them very good before we go. And he is instructed on how to spray the top of their habitat twice a day (our house is super dry in the summer months). 

We would love to grow large enough to need to hire a mantis sitter!  

I was going to make a new thread, but I used the search feature to see if someone already made one. Go me! It would be cool if more people could update!

I currently have six mantises, soon to be 8.

4 P. Paradoxa, 2 I. Diabolica, and 2 H. Coronatus nypmhs on the way!

It's safe to say I am addicted.

Update what mantids I have at the moment:

1 h. masjuscula female

2 ghosts: male and female.

3 h. membranacea: 2 males and 1 female

2  Sphodromantis gastrica (genders not sure)

Soon to have 2 creobroter gemmatus (genders unknown)

It's safe to say I am addicted.
i think everyone here is addicted😁

I have currently 25 Mantis = Five species 

12 more ordered  = three species

Soon I will have 37 mantis and 8 species.

I also have an adult female being held for me (spiny flower) and a few more ghosts so add like 6 more mantis to that total.  

My species list - I'm just using the common names 

• Spiny Flower - My first species and my favs, I plan to breed some soon.
  • Ghost - These guys are finicky but fun 
  • Thistle (these are a little bit of a challenge)
  • Giant Asian - OMG I love this species I will always have them!
  • Shield - Possible Red Devil Morph
Coming soon - on order

• Budwings
  • Giant Rainforest
  • Dead Leaf
Will be adding - In the future

• Idolo
  • Orchid
  • More dead leaf
  • More Shield 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts