I will be camping 14 days

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How Bob looks like? I will know it soon: he can arrive between now and this afternoon :p I am waiting for him to come home.

Oh! I didn't realize that you didn't have him yet! Please post pics of him when he gets here!

- MantisGirl13

This was our home last weekend:

caravan.jpg

Cochise got 2 crane flies I caught for her in my caravan. There was a mosquito in there too, but that one I killed. I hate those insects. Maybe i should fed it to Cochise but I was already laying in bed.

Other ppl got more insects in their tents :p I heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat! I camp all summer, so I love camping! I hope Cochise is well fed! When you are camping, EVERYONE gets insects in their tents or campers! ? I hope you had fun!

- MantisGirl13

I agree on that :p I hate mosquitoes  and flies in my caravan. But flies are hard to catch sadly enough. I have an army of 5 mantids? We will be safe this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
*kick this topic*

Another camping trip is waiting for me next month. A trip of 2 weeks from netherlands to southern France. We go to a place where is a lot of sun and warmth.

I am thinking of only taking Bob and Cochise with me and bringing the others to a friend to stay those 2 weeks. ( I sure i will miss them or I should take them with me too) The drive will be long. 10-12 hours depending on how many pee stops we need to take. Will that not be too long for my mantids?

I think your mantids would be fine coming with you! We are camping next week for a few weeks too, and I am taking all 19 of mine with me! have fun camping!

- MantisGirl13

Have fun on both of your camping trips @MantisGirl13 @Little Mantis 

Bringing all 19 mantids is quite an impressive feat. Nice to give them all a taste of the wilderness.

As for Cochise and Bob, they should both be fine. Wild mantids spend their lives sitting on rustling bushes and trees, so they should handle a car drive just fine.

All 19 mantids on a camping trip? Where do they stay? Then I can take all my mantids too ;) I need to make a travel box for Bob. He doesn't fit in a deli cup anymore. I have the already the materials.

Cochise hasd already tasted the wilderness, maybe i can catch some insects too for them all. We love to read outside and the lights attract a lot of insects like moths and stuff.

I keep them in their own special tent. There I can rig up the heat lamp, and other stuff ;)  My ghosts, G. Africans, budwings, and Brunner's have already fallen in love with moth, so it is really easy to feed them!

- MantisGirl13

My mantids are with us in the caravan. Maybe they can during day time in the tent in their owns homes. It depends on the temp outside. If is it cold for me, then it is cold for them too. ;)

I keep them in their own special tent. There I can rig up the heat lamp, and other stuff ;)  My ghosts, G. Africans, budwings, and Brunner's have already fallen in love with moth, so it is really easy to feed them!

- MantisGirl13
Can you show me how their camping set up is?

Latest posts