Idolomantis Diabolica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see your confusion. Yeah, they're all tanish brown (almost orangish) right up to adult. Then, they're STILL brownish for another 3 or 4 days as they start to develop the bright greens and reds.

Make sense...?

Ah, I see your confusion. Yeah, they're all tanish brown (almost orangish) right up to adult. Then, they're STILL brownish for another 3 or 4 days as they start to develop the bright greens and reds.

Make sense...?
yep! Man they have to be the greatest looking mantids around once they reach adulthood!

I tell you the truth, they are simply amazing at any age.

I keep meaning to sort through my videos and pics, but they are truly epic - on a number of scales:

I doubt if I've ever seen a WIDER mantid (the shield is ginormous).

The biggest L1 nymph I've ever raised.

I can't remember holding a heavier mantid (although a few were close).

Quite possibly the most unnerving (if not most iconic) threat pose.

Among the most demonic and alien looking I've seen.

Top 5 wing patterns (oooo, those psuedocreos ARE lovely).

Besided the molting issue that we're all working on - they're really easy to care for. Hardy, tollerant of heat and humidity, communal, docile (to me, not food) and can manage on a very simple diet (I'm convinced I could go L1 on house flies, and then nothing but BB's til death).

I really hope we can keep this breed going healthy here in the states.

I tell you the truth, they are simply amazing at any age.

I keep meaning to sort through my videos and pics, but they are truly epic - on a number of scales:

I doubt if I've ever seen a WIDER mantid (the shield is ginormous).

The biggest L1 nymph I've ever raised.

I can't remember holding a heavier mantid (although a few were close).

Quite possibly the most unnerving (if not most iconic) threat pose.

Among the most demonic and alien looking I've seen.

Top 5 wing patterns (oooo, those psuedocreos ARE lovely).

Besided the molting issue that we're all working on - they're really easy to care for. Hardy, tollerant of heat and humidity, communal, docile (to me, not food) and can manage on a very simple diet (I'm convinced I could go L1 on house flies, and then nothing but BB's til death).

I really hope we can keep this breed going healthy here in the states.
If I get a hold of some, I will breed them until Im old and grey , just to be sure there will always be some of them around :D

I enjoyed seeing your video and still pics. What camera are you using for the still photograhy? Your pictures are awesome in quality.

If I get a hold of some, I will breed them until Im old and grey , just to be sure there will always be some of them around :D
Good for you, Ricardo! This was a resurrected, thread from last year, and of the nine members who posted, six, including the photographer, have dropped out. Ten years from now, you will probably be telling a bunch of new members about "the good old days"! :D

Latest posts