Idolomantis diabolica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny.

Reaction score
Idolomantis diabolica mating. :)

20140902_164846_zpsf11db561.jpg

20140902_164645_zpsc4b17ddd.jpg

They are beautiful... Thanks for sharing...

as soon as I get all these new mantis cared for.. I want some of them!

Did they manage to moult from the mesh sides of the enclosure? Or did they moult from thin twigs from trees such as birch and willow?

Do you keep them outdoors?
I would say that the temps in the area Danny lives are perfect for the adult Idolo's right now. They do appreciiate the natural UV's and sunlight. And keep a eye on them if placed outside of a cage. If you let them warm up too much, they can and will fly away. Even the females are good at flight.

I do but bring them in before nightfall.
I'm keeping some mantids outdoors right now but those are native species. Keeping mantids outdoors is something I've thought about experimenting with over the years. I would assume they would do better because of it. Congrats on the mating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations that is so wonderful :)
Thanks Pat :)
I'm keeping some mantids outdoors right now but those are native species. Keeping mantids outdoors is something I've thought about experimenting with over the years. I would assume they would do better because of it. Congrats on the mating.
Thanks Rick. I keep them all outdoors, the only species that stays outside year round is Empusa pennata.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh ok. I've seen those before have never tried one before.

Latest posts