Idontwannamolt Diabolica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodtkr

Reaction score
I think my Idol kicked the bucket ; ( I havent seen it molt in a couple months. It has been hangin from the roof for a couple days so i thought it was going to. Today i got home from work looked in the tank and i see it only hanging by 2 legs and 2 back legs folded down. Im a little bummed..maybe another Jager shot to send it off ; (

this is a hormone problem

i see it in any insect

occasionally, a nymph (or larva as this happens a lot with certain silkmoths) wont be growing at a normal rate and will eventually just die

it is sad when it happens to a rare and beautiful species but the more u rear the more u see it

idk of any ways around it

Well its in the cryo-chamber now....we can make it faster...stronger..eh. wishes. My wife and i are going to listen to Elton Johns Tiny Dancer ...it fits !

So sad :( this has happened to two of my P. wahlbergii nymphs over the last month, after not molting after three months... I've bumped up the heat hoping it will help them but nothing yet.

I think my Idol kicked the bucket ; ( I havent seen it molt in a couple months. It has been hangin from the roof for a couple days so i thought it was going to. Today i got home from work looked in the tank and i see it only hanging by 2 legs and 2 back legs folded down. Im a little bummed..maybe another Jager shot to send it off ; (
That sucks, sorry man!

Certainly never thought id be emotionally attached to an insect but man these i call my kids :stuart:
Yeah me too, a lot of people think of them as their kids on here, guess they kind of are, considering we raise them and feed them and hydrate them and give them homes

So sorry... But you know you worked hard on them... and if nothing else... Look at all the new stuff you have learned... I have a couple of ghosts that are really slow molting... but fortunately they still eat & move around (& dance)... so I know they are alive... I will join you in a shot, to your mantis of course... and we will move on... you have others to take care of...

I had this with a hissing cockroach. All its siblings matured 3 months ahead, and it was alive but growing very slow. It ended up maturing 3 months late and had deformities in exoskeleton so bad it lived a week and died naturally.

Sorry to hear of your loss with your idol. I too am amazed how attached one becomes to their pet mantis.

That happened to me with a Giant African Mantis. She wouldn't molt. I waited about a month until she actually shriveled up. Im sorry that it happened to your idolo.

Latest posts