Interesting article

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's as sad and wrong as saying that tarantulas are dangerous to humans so they deserve to die.  :(
Exactly. Arthropods are hated because they are different, and 'creepy' (to some). In truth, most insects and spiders are harmless, but people don't want to understand!!! It drives me crazy sometimes.

- MantisGirl13

Its just amazing that inverts(mantids, tarantulas, centipedes, scorpions, who knows what else!) have been taking large vertebrate prey forever and for most people this is the first time hearing it. PLUS, mantids do it without venom. Any other nonvenomous inverts that take large prey?

This might be urban legend. I have heard blood sucking deer flies swarming and killing deer. Dragonfly nymphs are nasty. They can kill fishy fry if they get into your tank. I like to feed them to axolotls or cichlids.The way to describe is having six legs and mosquito shaped but larger with 3 things that look like feathers in their tail. The following spring they look like locust crawling out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts