Japanese Gladiator Matches-Cruelty to Animals!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I would not mind this if it was a remotely fair match but most are never near fair : / but heck some places they eat mantids so yeah playing with your food much?

these vids make me so so angry...

its like lion and grizzly, spartan and samurai, spinosaur-tyrannosaur... none of them EVER meant to fight

I'd rather people go ahead and eat the critters instead, it's the bloodlust entertainment value that is downright abominable.

well its more humane then dog fighting or rooster fighting or similar with higher animals at least and its not man on man violence!

I've got an idea. Lets put the two bugs in a more naturalistic setting and add some narration by experts. We'll put the whole thing on TV and call it "Monster Bug Wars."

Are those battles staged?
Sadly quite a lot of scenes from certain shows or documentarys are staged. It would take much more time and effort to film certain insects coming across eachother, mating, fighting, feeding, and what not. So it's much easier just to get a tank, decorate it a little, and add the subjects.

A documentary with a mantis fighting a scorpion isn't going to be much of a documentary.. the two of them would be very unlikely to encounter each other even if they lived in the same patch of forest

(reminds me of that strange programme which tried to determine - just for curiosity - which two random apex predators would win. And even then they only used mechanical models and computer simulations)

Latest posts