Jumping spider ID

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantisman.

Reaction score
Hello all, I have this kind of jumping spider, I know them since I have memory but I've never been able to know what species or at least what genus they could belong to, my best guess would be some Phidippus or Metaphidippus perhaps, I have never seen pics of the species in the internet, except for one picture in some site of a female, which was only labeled as "unknown mexican jumping spider species" so, not much help (I'll try to upload pictures of females too later) so, this is an adult male, about 2cm long, needless to say the species is found in my area, somewhere in Mexico, I don't know about its distribution either but at least they seem to be common near home. Any suggestions?

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

Ohh...looks rather like a Bagheera sp!!!!Can you post some other pictures please?

Yes I think it is Bagheera because of the chelicaeras.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm..I dont think so.Check out carefully,there is no white stripe under the eyes.

I'll upload more pics ASAP, both for this male and a female as well, I'm almost convinced for Bagheera.

I've just realized this topic would best fit in Tarantulas and other arachnids, didn't saw it at the time I posted, maybe an admin could move it? or could this topic stay here?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not,there is a white dot on the head of Eris militaris,and none on this one.

Latest posts