LAME's Collection Thread.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had purchased my feeders and springtails from CosbyArt I also bought a pair of Miomantis paykullii for my girlfriend, kinda as a way to sucker her into "okaying" my hobby even further ^_^

He was extremely generous and sent 6 little Egyptian nymphs within my feeder shipment. I wont include all of them... Just a single pair.

Here's the chosen male in his subadult outfit.

My girlfriend has named him: Marc Antony.

...and will post a photo of the chosen female when she's picked.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had purchased my feeders and springtails from CosbyArt I also bought a pair of Miomantis paykullii for my girlfriend, kinda as a way to sucker her into "okaying" my hobby even further ^_^

He was extremely generous and sent 6 little Egyptian nymphs within my feeder shipment. I wont include all of them... Just a single pair.

Here's the chosen male in his subadult outfit.

My girlfriend has named him: Marc Antony.

...and will post a photo of the chosen female when she's picked.
Cooooool!! they look see thru in those pics! :eek: ! haha marc antony ;)

This next one came as a complete surprise.

After blowing the money to have Delta's male shipped out just for him to pass two days later, my girlfriend and mantidbro decided to team up behind my back and purchase my next species. Amazingly they juggled back and forth talking,sending funds,information,tracking and all that fun business for two days.. Before the arrival I was told they got 3 Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi nymphs.

One passed in transit due to moltfail, which our forum master sent a replacement for ( which he really didn't have to...) and later down the road I had found a second mysteriously legs up..

Here's the original surviving spiney nymph.

However, Dmina sent a back up spiney flower soon after I had found the sound dead, which was most appreciated. :)

(Will get photos...)

Both are still very young and just starting to get more coloring, but I believe I may have 2 of the same gender.

This next one came as a complete surprise.

After blowing the money to have Delta's male shipped out just for him to pass two days later, my girlfriend and mantidbro decided to team up behind my back and purchase my next species. Amazingly they juggled back and forth talking,sending funds,information,tracking and all that fun business for two days.. Before the arrival I was told they got 3 Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi nymphs.

One passed in transit due to moltfail, which our forum master sent a replacement for ( which he really didn't have to...) and later down the road I had found a second mysteriously legs up..

Here's the original surviving spiney nymph.

However, Dmina sent a back up spiney flower soon after I had found the sound dead, which was most appreciated. :)

(Will get photos...)

Both are still very young and just starting to get more coloring, but I believe I may have 2 of the same gender.
AMAZING shot!!

It was her idea!!! i didnt even wanna do it cause i felt so sneaky lol xD

Great images thanks for sharing. Glad to see Marc Antony is living it up, his siblings would be green with envy. ;)

Great images thanks for sharing. Glad to see Marc Antony is living it up, his siblings would be green with envy. ;)
Lol :) so is his awaiting significant other... Trying to give all of my mantids little setups, I think they'd enjoy it. I've yet to have any issues with mismolts in any of the builds I have now.

Lol :) so is his awaiting significant other... Trying to give all of my mantids little setups, I think they'd enjoy it. I've yet to have any issues with mismolts in any of the builds I have now.
Great news about no mismolts, I bet with the ample room really helps. Best of luck with breeding
thumbs-up2.gif

Now.... I had mentioned our forum master replaced that moltfailed spiney flower.. But I didn't necessarily say it was another spiney ;)

I was pretty excited when I received news Peter had sent a Pnigomantis medioconstricta nymph.

This poor little thing's heat pack either died halfway through transit or it was faulty altogether... Not Pete's fault, but upon arrival I noticed a lifeless little doubleshield laying in the bottom of the deli cup... I began to breath heavy over the nymph and stuck it under a lamp, minutes later I seen its tiny legs twitching. After more heat I manage to somehow "revive" this once frozen double shield. After its horrid situation I dubbed a proper name:

GriM.

This was the second species I had took off Agent A to help his offloading, unfortunately one passed in transit and I also traded another off. Currently I possess two but I believe them both to be female gendered. The second female has a condition with both her arms where she can't bring her arms to her chest and always has them out stretched... Kind of in a V shape.

It is kind of disappointing though, she is a beautiful little thing but with her condition I'm unsure if it'll interfere with the molting process. -.-

Now.... I had mentioned our forum master replaced that moltfailed spiney flower.. But I didn't necessarily say it was another spiney ;)

I was pretty excited when I received news Peter had sent a Pnigomantis medioconstricta nymph.

This poor little thing's heat pack either died halfway through transit or it was faulty altogether... Not Pete's fault, but upon arrival I noticed a lifeless little doubleshield laying in the bottom of the deli cup... I began to breath heavy over the nymph and stuck it under a lamp, minutes later I seen its tiny legs twitching. After more heat I manage to somehow "revive" this once frozen double shield. After its horrid situation I dubbed a proper name:

GriM.

This was the second species I had took off Agent A to help his offloading, unfortunately one passed in transit and I also traded another off. Currently I possess two but I believe them both to be female gendered. The second female has a condition with both her arms where she can't bring her arms to her chest and always has them out stretched... Kind of in a V shape.

It is kind of disappointing though, she is a beautiful little thing but with her condition I'm unsure if it'll interfere with the molting process. -.-
Omg the eyes are INSANE!!!! Such an awesome story too. wow thats freakin awesome! Good luck with the messed-up-arms one! I hope she'll be alright.

Skiiiills!!

Man I know, crazy eyes lol =)

Definitely pairs up with her situation and new name! ^_^
Haha yeah! theyre wicked, and for sure! definitely fitting. So "jesus" didnt feel right, huh? LOL :p jk

Great story...and awesome pics.. I would love to see some of your custom builds... I love seeing other enclosures... Thanks for sharing...

I received a Deroplatys lobata ooth from Mantidbro, it incubated for 43 days and finally had a small hatch. I ended up selling/trading all but two nymphs, since this species gets to a decent size and has an exotic look I definitely wanted to keep a few...

Currently my two little deadleafs are sitting at L3, One being the largest of the hatch and my other was a mismoltee that was stuck in its exo... luckily it only had made it out with just a bum leg and was coined the name of "Gump". ^_^

I received a Deroplatys lobata ooth from Mantidbro, it incubated for 43 days and finally had a small hatch. I ended up selling/trading all but two nymphs, since this species gets to a decent size and has an exotic look I definitely wanted to keep a few...

Currently my two little deadleafs are sitting at L3, One being the largest of the hatch and my other was a mismoltee that was stuck in its exo... luckily it only had made it out with just a bum leg and was coined the name of "Gump". ^_^

AWESOME shots, especially the second one, love it!!

Latest posts