Lizards?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it might make things easier to decide whether you want a dry climate type lizard, or a humid / tropical environment.

Ones that prefer dryer conditions like beardies and leopards need something like sand and heat.

Ones that prefer humid conditions, like cresteds and gargoyles and a few other geckos will enjoy more frequent misting but give you the opportunity to create very nice enclosures with dirt and plants and such.

My two cents.

And obviously I'm biased towards cresteds ^_^

Check these guys out

http://www.acreptiles.com/geckos_crested_collection.htm

Okay, I've had lizards since I was five.

Lizards that may seem easy can cost you in the long run (ex: anoles), other ones can be good beginners and very friendly, but grow way too big.

If you're looking for a long term lizard (which is about every kind) then go for a friendly species. Like an inguana, can be very friendly if raised by you, also very good gaurd lizards. (My sister had one for sevenish years, he got too big for a cage so he roamed about my sister's room, slept with her, sat on her shoulder, but was the meanest thing to people who where not my sister. He was even litter-trained.) However they are not beginner lizards.

If you're looking for easy, non-climbing, interesting, and friendly lizard then I suggest skinks, and ground dweling geckos or desert geckos.

I personally love sandfish skinks, but they are not big on being held, they can fist comfortally in a ten gallon (two at the most) with no lid, well as long it isn't one of the low ones.

I have a leapord gecko in a low ten gallon, very easy to care for and very friendly. My sister and I agree that a leapord gecko is the best guess. Easy to care for, easy diet, you can keep them in a drawer, seriously, my sister had her's in a plastic drawer for over two years. I can put up the cage I keep mine in for you, takes up no room and he gets heat for a heat pad under his cage. They're cheap too.

Creasties are good too but they need specialized diets, and larger habitats, and they climb on walls.... and can be very hyper. They are very adorable though, a good second choice, if you are willing to pay.

Okay, I've had lizards since I was five. Lizards that may seem easy can cost you in the long run (ex: anoles), other ones can be good beginners and very friendly, but grow way too big.

If you're looking for a long term lizard (which is about every kind) then go for a friendly species. Like an inguana, can be very friendly if raised by you, also very good gaurd lizards. (My sister had one for sevenish years, he got too big for a cage so he roamed about my sister's room, slept with her, sat on her shoulder, but was the meanest thing to people who where not my sister. He was even litter-trained.) However they are not beginner lizards.

If you're looking for easy, non-climbing, interesting, and friendly lizard then I suggest skinks, and ground dweling geckos or desert geckos.

I personally love sandfish skinks, but they are not big on being held, they can fist comfortally in a ten gallon (two at the most) with no lid, well as long it isn't one of the low ones.

I have a leapord gecko in a low ten gallon, very easy to care for and very friendly. My sister and I agree that a leapord gecko is the best guess. Easy to care for, easy diet, you can keep them in a drawer, seriously, my sister had her's in a plastic drawer for over two years. I can put up the cage I keep mine in for you, takes up no room and he gets heat for a heat pad under his cage. They're cheap too.

Creasties are good too but they need specialized diets, and larger habitats, and they climb on walls.... and can be very hyper. They are very adorable though, a good second choice, if you are willing to pay.
Well, I don't think I can spend so much money so I will probably get a leopard gecko. Will a leopard gecko live comfortably in 28-30 degrees?

Well, I don't think I can spend so much money so I will probably get a leopard gecko. Will a leopard gecko live comfortably in 28-30 degrees?
yes.

besides, if anyone mention a "iguana" it isn't a beginner and even IF he would pick them...

They reach lenghts up to 2 meter, and according to a quote he made earlier:

Wow! Thats big. I don't think I could fit that in my room
but leopard geckos are fine i guess... but when handeling they run in your neck in a matter of secconds :lol:

Here is my leopard gecko.

Going after a worm...

SANY0171.jpg

Going back into it's cave....

SANY0172.jpg

On my hand....

SANY0174.jpg

Exploring my bed....

SANY0173.jpg

BTW, what strain of colour is my gecko?

Most Anole species can climb pretty much anything, specially Green and Brown Anoles. A Leo would be best I think.

Latest posts