Local Harvestman

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewH

Reaction score
This little guy wandered around in front of me yesterday afternoon, paused and allowed me to photograph him, then went right on his way :p Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Harvestman4.jpg

Harvestman3.jpg

Harvestman.jpg

wicked pics..last year i got one of these at full zoom (5:1) http://www.flickr.com/photos/hooked_on_mac...57601280968664/iv only seen 1 of them this.u ever seen one during shedding?its an amazing site!
I haven't seen any shed. This is my first time seeing one in almost 8 years :( They aren't a common sight here, and its getting harder and harder to find them. They're being replaced by Isopod killers, and Golden Orb weavers...them becoming more and more common. I'm hoping to find one cruising a leaf or something so I can get some better, closer shots with my ringflash at max focal distance :p

I haven't seen any shed. This is my first time seeing one in almost 8 years :( They aren't a common sight here, and its getting harder and harder to find them. They're being replaced by Isopod killers, and Golden Orb weavers...them becoming more and more common. I'm hoping to find one cruising a leaf or something so I can get some better, closer shots with my ringflash at max focal distance :p
..im gueesing you have an 1:1 life size macro lens?any tubes?

..im gueesing you have an 1:1 life size macro lens?any tubes?
Yep, I use the Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro. No tubes right now, but I have been thinking about adding some. The only thing with that is I'll need to pick up a lens with an aperature ring on it, as this one, you can't control aperature manually.

Yep, I use the Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro. No tubes right now, but I have been thinking about adding some. The only thing with that is I'll need to pick up a lens with an aperature ring on it, as this one, you can't control aperature manually.
your talking about a bellows..with tubes a full set of kenko tubes which will give u 2:1 life and your still have full control of your aperture on the body. this way your still have full TTL mode on the flash..i never liked the bellows when i was using it..sinse buying mpe-65 i never looked back. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
your talking about a bellows..with tubes a full set of kenko tubes which will give u 2:1 life and your still have full control of your aperture on the body. this way your still have full TTL mode on the flash..i never liked the bellows when i was using it..sinse buying mpe-65 i never looked back. :)
Ah alright. We must use different terminology or something from different areas :) Any idea on where I could pick them up? The place I normally order my equipment from doesn't carry them.

Ah alright. We must use different terminology or something from different areas :) Any idea on where I could pick them up? The place I normally order my equipment from doesn't carry them.
google it."full set of kenko tubes" make sure there the right ones that fit your camara. they cost 99£

Very cool. I'll check them out, and possibly pick up a set. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never seen one of these in person before. They look fun though.

Latest posts