looking 4 feed back on run in's with the fed's

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Let's see if any one has had any run in's with the fed's or any law enforcement, as a keeper or breeder?.[/SIZE]

If so what happened?.

danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. And it is best not to pry. Don't be calling any government agencies looking for answers either as some members have done. It is hard to get a straight answer on this. If HR 669 passes it could affect this hobby even more.

Don't be calling any government agencies looking for answers either as some members have done.
This.

Just leave it alone I happen to enjoy keeping exotic mantises without anyone really caring and I don't want them to start caring.

Leave it alone.

[SIZE=14pt]If anyone has any true storys you can pm me and it would be off the record it would be just info for me, and it seem that every state can be differnt, so I am not trying to rock the boat just looking 4 feed back if you have had a run in, not your friends friends, thank again.[/SIZE]

I have had a run-in of sorts. At least with the USPS! A pair of adult female Pseudovates peruviana were sent to me by a forum member in Germany. The package arrived almost 2 1/2 months AFTER shipping. Seems the box was opened and the two mantids were held in Colorado until they died. The box was rewrapped and forwarded on to me with a note written on the side of the box. What did the note say? "Opened by the USPS in Boulder Colorado and resealed". That was over a year ago. Have not seen hide nor hair of any USDA personnel.

I also remember a news story about some live beetles from Taiwan being found by the USPS. The story mentioned the possibilities of legal action, but I've not seen a follow-up story yet.

Hello,

The USPS will not send you a note, if the parcel was opened and inspected in customs then you will recive a letter from the USDA or a phone call depending on the agent and port of entry.

I had in the past received both letters and calls from USDA officers. Not a good experience so be aware and do it at your own risk!!!!!

Now the beetles from Taiwan, the person who imported them was or still is in jail for the illegal importation of these many beetles.

The investigation was conducted nation wide as this person had records of custumers.

Hello,The USPS will not send you a note, if the parcel was opened and inspected in customs then you will recive a letter from the USDA or a phone call depending on the agent and port of entry.

I had in the past received both letters and calls from USDA officers. Not a good experience so be aware and do it at your own risk!!!!!

Now the beetles from Taiwan, the person who imported them was or still is in jail for the illegal importation of these many beetles.

The investigation was conducted nation wide as this person had records of custumers.
What's your source for the statement that someone was jailed for importing live beetles from Taiwan, Francisco? Obviously you wouldn't say that the guy was jailed without evidence, but I can't find it on the net, and my son was unable to find such a case on his database. In the only recent example that I could find, both defendants received probation and a fine: http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/INVPostingJun3009.pdf

I would add that having illegal goods mailed to you is not irrefutable evidence that you are a trafficker unless you either admit yr guilt or there is evidence that you paid for the contraband. Otherwise, anyone could get you indicted by sending you contraband and then notifying the authorities*. :D

*Also known in some circles as "dropping the dime" or, if they notify you just before you get arrested, the "ten second warning"! Oh, I do read a lot!!!

Latest posts