Mantids Vs Grasshoppers (Videos)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimpaunik

Reaction score
I got my hands on lot´s of grasshoppers for feeding but they were way to big for my lovin mantids,Huge! They were totally freaking out when they saw them

But some of them was smaller.

Here´s my Sub Patellifera takin on a hopper for the first time.

I released them all into the wild today,they were way to big.

grass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Oh and nice enclosures too!

Maybe try putting some paper towels or something on the bottom to keep the humidity up a little bit. Well you don't really need it though so it's your choice lol.

Awesome!!!! Those hoppers were huge. I wish I could get my hands on some of those. My mantids would love them. Thanks for posting.

It looks almost as if the grasshopper in the first video knew what was going to happen before it happened lol. Also i think it is very cute how excited the mantids get when you throw food in front of them.

Sweet! Oh and nice enclosures too!

Maybe try putting some paper towels or something on the bottom to keep the humidity up a little bit. Well you don't really need it though so it's your choice lol.
Thanks! :) I use a dishcloth in the middle and misting once a day, and when they are adults they are happy with just misting twice a day.. No molting issues and no drinking from the walls = happy :)

Latest posts