Mantis Mystery boxes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziiggy's Insectarium

Reaction score
So just thought of a cool idea to do for my business is some sort of mystery box where you can get mystery ooths and mantises along with other mantis keeping accessories or supplies.

I've heard of some people doing this, great idea! The public usually loves surprises, same applying to me. 

I've heard of some people doing this, great idea! The public usually loves surprises, same applying to me. 
i think it would work out pretty well  and depending on how successful it would be could also do specific species mystery boxes and then also could and probably would extend to other invertebrates

So just thought of a cool idea to do for my business is some sort of mystery box where you can get mystery ooths and mantises along with other mantis keeping accessories or supplies.
I think it is a clever idea but any time animal care is involved I get a bit worried. Someone may not know the care requirements of the random mantis they receive and may not have an appropriate enclosure. I would be more behind the idea if it were limited to a handful of beginner species with common care requirements.

Great idea! Maybe you could have an 'easy surprise box', an 'Intermediate' surprise box and a 'Difficult surprise box'?

That would take care of your worry, @ohaple

- MantisGirl13

I think it is a clever idea but any time animal care is involved I get a bit worried. Someone may not know the care requirements of the random mantis they receive and may not have an appropriate enclosure. I would be more behind the idea if it were limited to a handful of beginner species with common care requirements.
as i was reading your post i was just thinking the same thing that @MantisGirl13 said and maybe even include a list of what possible species could be in the box

as i was reading your post i was just thinking the same thing that @MantisGirl13 said and maybe even include a list of what possible species could be in the box

I think that's a cool plan, still gives the positive surprise without the possible negative surprise.
Those are great ideas! @Ziiggy's Insectarium what are you going to call your business? In the next year I plan to start my own website. I hope to call it MantisMiracles. 

- MantisGirl13

@Ziiggy's Insectarium

When @MantisGirl13 referred to your business building. Then I interjected with my own aspirations. 😜👍
ah ok lol idk how hard international sales would be but i do plan on looking into it once everything starts taking off. i think once i have saved enough money and i can have enough room to do proper breeding and data collecting ill look into getting some other mantis species. I have a whole list of inverts that i plan on keeping with plenty of room for expansion. Also plan to do custom enclosures for people but will test out that idea when i find a good local glass cutter. Big plans for the future

Latest posts