Many Q's

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantified

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post and as a beginner I have many Q's. I have 2 Chinese Mantis and 1 nymph I have pics so you can evaluate I know in one of the bins it's a lot of water (accident). I keep the 2 almost grown ones in that bin and the nymph in the exelcior. My first Q is the biggest mantis has gotten skinny lately I have been feeding him crickets a little bigger than crix what else can I feed him that I can catch? Second Q is what is everything a praying mantis eats? I learn everything I knew off of mantisplace.com. Third how much longer until they are grown-ups?Fourth Q is there anything I am missing if so tell me.

~Thanks!!

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Welcome. We also have an introductions forum for you to introduce yourself to our group.

Just give him larger food. They eat flies, butterflies, moths, kaydids, grasshoppers, etc. You will need a large enclosure for chinese since they get quite large. Make sure they have at least 3x their length to molt vertically.

You don't necessarily need to look for larger prey. Instead of feeding them one prey item you can feed a few to fill them up. Large crickets would be more than enough for those chinese nymphs. They are not even adults yet. You could always look for bumble bees, large hoppers, large roaches, butterflies, moths.

Latest posts