Mating Rhombodera Sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wero626

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question ive read up on the Rhombodera Sp. on mating and doesnt say much i have a adult male and female that have been in the cage togother for a bout a week or 2 and still no mating just jumping on her back then getting back off but no successful mating any suggestions as what i can do?

This species likes to eat the males, they are not ready, remove him and put in another room for a few days to a week, he will live a good while, then try again, I like to put mine on a shelf so they have room to move around when mating.

Yeah I am surprised he is still alive.

yeah put him away for a day or two and try again and rinse and repeat and hes bound to SCORE eventually and keep them both fed beforehand as well so the female wont make short work of the male!

Yeah I am surprised he is still alive.
Haha i agree but i usually rear my species of mantids togother until they get about sub adult and then separate them so i havent had much cannabilism with the females eating the males only once with the miomantis there really aggressive thats the only reason i leave them togother...Most of them do ok but when i leave them togother they keep doing it and i dont get no ooths haha LOL...So i separte after there little intercourse :lol:

I do the same thing to a extent and all my males that I bred of different species all succeeded on breeding and making it out alive so I guess one good thing is keep the male and female both fed before mating!

I do the same thing to a extent and all my males that I bred of different species all succeeded on breeding and making it out alive so I guess one good thing is keep the male and female both fed before mating!
Yup your a hundred percent right just feed them really good and throw those bad boys togother and let magic happen.. :lol:

By the way wanted to update i did separate them and put them back togother after 2 days of being separted and he hoped on her so quick it was ridiculous...So thanks to all for your great suggestions =] worked out great hopefully ill have ooths soon wish me luck..!!!

wishing you luck because your have plenty of ooths for yourself and dont forget I get one if I am good and boy am I great!

Latest posts