MOLTING...how often....?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up...today she had a great appetite. 5 small crickets and a House Fly... all in about 45 min along with some honey. Now when she decided to molt again, is what advice I am looking for. Or just take this one at a time?

Still has almost no use of the 4 rear legs. No use of the right hand, limited use of the left. I hand feed her until she can grip with the left hand.....awkwardly though.

She's done molting, this is pretty much her for the rest of her life. She may however get physically stronger and become quite good with her left "hand" for example. But she won't ever molt again (you can tell because the wings are no longer just buds).

I was hoping no added another post...But I am sad to say I found her on her back again 2 mornings ago....she passed on. Must have laid there all night.. :( :(

The wife said....go get another mantis. I said they do not grow on trees.

I was hoping no added another post...But I am sad to say I found her on her back again 2 mornings ago....she passed on. Must have laid there all night.. :( :(

The wife said....go get another mantis. I said they do not grow on trees.
Some of them spend a lot of their lives in trees. I have a few Euros outside who love my apple tree. Does that count? :p

Okay bad attempt at lightening the mood with humor is over... If you will pay shipping ($10) I'll send you an adult Chinese, no charge. PM me your address. My paypal is [email protected]

Thanks for the offer but not at this time. Next early spring I will look for another ooth. Supposed to be another cold winter here and I would want to push the limit.