More prosthetic limbs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domanating

Reaction score
One of my Religiosas had the unfortunate luck of losing all the leg tips in less than a week. So I decided to help by making prosthetic claws for her. I made 3 for her back legs, and I plan to add another to the one leg left. I will leave the fore arms alone.

They are simple pieces of aluminium bent around what's left of the tips of her legs. They are poorly crafted but they do their job so well that she sometimes gets one of her legs stuck

In the first pic you have good view of one of the synthetic leg tips right next to her head

q4l9.jpg

fjlb.jpg

How are they applied to the mantis?
A tiny drop of super glue inside the bent area, a little pressure and done. I keep an eye on her until I'm sure the glue is well dry and then I let her examin the new addition.

Given the amount of alluminium we are exposed to on a daily basis, we would contract alzheimer's by the age of 10 just by playing in the backyard...

Every element that makes the Universe is poisonous to us. It just depends on the amount ingested. Aluminium is one of the safest metals to handle because of it's incredibly low toxicity.

Latest posts