Moving Soon

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorty

Reaction score
I will be moving into a new house within the next two months. My family is approved for the loan and we are just waiting on some further negotiations based on some things an inspector found wrong with the house. I'm really excited because the house has so much more room than my current place and I'll be able to keep a lot more plants and animals. It will also be the first time my family has lived anywhere besides the house we have now in 21 years. I lived on my own for several years, but moved back in in early '09 to save money for college, which I will be attending next fall, and for other personal reasons.

The house is a two story, five bedroom ranch style house in a small, secluded neighborhood in the woods. It dwarfs my current house and has four full bathrooms so we will each have our own bathroom, a loaded, fully remodeled kitchen, an in-ground pool, a large deck in the backyard, a huge - and I mean HUGE - basement with a finished room, a full kitchen, and a very large unfinished section. The house also has a formal living room, dining room, a laundry room, a family room with a fire place, and a small upstairs containing two big bedrooms and a full bathroom. The other three bedrooms are downstairs and one will be converted into a study/office.

Beyond having so much more room than I have now, I love the idea of living in the woods with complete privacy. There are seven houses in the neighborhood, which is on one small road that ends in a circle, much like a really stretched out cul-de-sac, and they are spaced far apart with woods in between each house. We will have two and a half acres of forest behind the house as well.

We would've never been able to afford this house several years ago, but with the housing market the way it is and the cost of living so low in my area, we got it for $190,000. My mom and I were looking at houses on the internet in early August just for something to do, with no plans whatsoever to buy a house. We saw the house we are now buying and decided to kill time by driving up to check it out. Once we saw it we realized that it was way nicer than the photo on the internet showed. My mom and her sister drove up the next day and happened to show up at an open house. I got to see it several days later. From outside you'd never guess how massive it is inside. There is just so much room. We fell in love with the house and it seems to fit all our needs. We desperately need more room because of my sisters kid and my dog, and my mom and I have wanted to get out of our current city neighborhood for some time now.

The closing date is in early October and unless the final negotiations don't work out, we should be able to move before the cold weather sets in. Wish us luck!

Sounds great. My next house will be in a setting like that.

Latest posts