My Dead Leaf female is about to molt to adulthood! How long will it take?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you know she will die when you are gone? If she's still fat, then she has enough reserves to survive for a while (idk how long you're gone for thanksgiving). Heed the advise that's been given: stop worrying. Even if there was something wrong with her, there's little you could do anyway.
+1 to that

No matter how perfectly you treat them, there will always be mismolts or unexplainable deaths. Anyway, I've had mantids fasting for almost 2 weeks. They refused food days before and after molting. Of course I was troubled by this too but hey, if they don't want to eat, it's their problem.

So when should I try to feed her again? Her abdomen is now only half full and kind of plump, almost not plump. I am leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday for Thanksgiving. Her wings are still bulged and I didn't try to feed her today and it has now been 47 days since she last molted.

Just out of curiosity... what temp are you keeping her at? with our weather changing... is it too cool for her?

I am keeping her at 69 degrees. She is not getting slower or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have a reading lamp will that do? Also my mantis molted! Check out my new thread for info about the mantis and questions!

Latest posts