My first Ooth hatches

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phreeze

Reaction score
007-c.jpg

013-c.jpg

015-c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well all seem healthy so far, although non have even looked at the fruit flies yet. Any ideas on how long it should be before they are hungry, had seen a couple of days suggested other places.

damn, am using some hosting i have set up may need to try a public hosting site like deviant art or something

well about 16 hours after they emerged as you can see the first few started eating, not exactly a feeding frenzy but the odd one was happily munching away, shich set my mind to rest a little.

could not believe my luck how fast my ooth hatched, apparently it was laid on the 21st of september and it hatched on the 12th of october. Wasn't 100% ready and hand to move them to a larger enclosre slowly, but they are all doing well, got their first molt to look forward to now. not exactly sure when to expect it but from what i have read arround 14 days would be right so 10 days ish to go.

nice photos, thats some great detail for such small mantids!

thats also a very quick incubation if the laid date is correct. mine all took around 30 days to hatch. as for moult times, i found with a good food supply and fairly warm (29/30C average) mine began moulting on the 7th day after hatching, and by the 10th day pretty much all had moulted to second instar.