My Ghost Mantis - Umbra

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zalonik

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy with work and college. Yesterday, when I woke up and checked on Umbra, my mantis, she had finally done her last molt! She's a beautiful mottled brown color, with cream-colored wings. I tried to take some pictures with my phone, so they aren't the best resolution but I just wanted to share with you guys. ^_^

I feel like a proud bug-mom! Hahaha. Nothing cooler than seeing a little tiny mantis grow into a gorgeous adult.

2wftz7o.jpg

Back when I first got her.

2hxye51.jpg

Sub-adult!

w9irn7.jpg

A picture of her new wings.

2l572d.jpg

Staring at my phone while I held her.

It's been my first time raising a Ghost and they're a really great species. I'm thinking at trying my hand at a Unicorn mantis next. Hope you guys liked the pictures. :)

Thank you, Patrick! Here's her in her little cage after molting. You can still see her skin on the ground!

axjg3r.jpg

The light is not for heat, just a little lamp, although my room is a little cool. I got crafty with a betta fish tank and added some moss for substrate and glued a leaf background too.

Latest posts