NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY male deroplatys lobata haslost a leg ( will he be ok )

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys really freaked out since I'm new to the community and this is my first time getting ready to breed. The poor little guy lost one of his legs while i was asleep last night no idea how. Will he be ok, the entire leg is gone. will he be able to mate and will his next molt nbe problematic.

if it is a rear leg, the non raptorial ones, he should be perfectly ok, but if it is a raptor, he may have trouble feeding.

It will not grow back completely but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Watch for possible infection though.

Mine lost a leg and is paralyzed in a raptorial claw (at least he can't seem to use it). I hand feed mine a mealworm so he seems to be doing fine. Depending on the instar (# of molts), he will regrow it. Best of luck.

Jake

Geez, calm down, m8. It's not the end of the world. For us losing limbs is obviously something serious but for the arthropod world is nothing but a nuisance and it's very common.

Latest posts