Needing to learn everything!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drosera

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I love a forum.
I'm currently in the research stage of getting my first mantis (my Husband thinks I'm nuts and said I should concentrate on all the millions of plants I have). I preferably want a Hierodula patellifera as.i think they look stunning, large, docile(?) And a good beginner variety.
I like quirky pets and plants. Previously had a beautiful male Yemen chameleon called Jub jub who loved all bugs and had an amazing 7 foot set up. Also had an African Pygmy hedgehog who had to be maintained with the correct heat. Just wish I had kept the equipment now as had the habistat pulsing stat and ceramic bulbs for him. I'm also really into exotic plants/tropical and carnivorous plants! They're really addictive!
If you have any first time tips of things you wished you knew about at the beginning please share. My biggest challenge will be heat. My lounge is being monitored at the moment and it's dipping to 17°c/64f currently so a heat source will be vital for optimum health. I'm just concerned about a heat mat, stat combo on the back of acrylic? What's the best heat source for an acrylic nano enclosure or go glass?

Latest posts