New Grizzled molting or sick?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odontodactylus

Reaction score
I just received quite a few grizzled mantids, one successfully molted, however this particular one arrived on its back at the bottom, and I almost thought it was dead but noticed it was doing some twitching.

I left it laying in the enclosure for about an hour before rushing home to hang it from a branch, is this a molt or something else?

No shed in the container, and it was packaged perfectly, the other grizzleds are doing really well (there was a lot and this is the only one with an issue).

it was laying on its back like this in the container, i layed it in the enclosure and gave it a light mist, rushed back home after a doctors appointment that lasted about an hour, (so in total i had it laying right side up for about an hour and a half), and then got tipped it could be a molt and rushed home to try and hang it and hope for the best.

I wanted to share what its doing incase there is something else here or if this is salvageable.

Latest posts