New lizard!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsterrarium

Reaction score
Hiya guys! I only just joined the forum with my new giant Asian mantis, Lee and it seems I've been on a lucky roll this month for finding animals I've wanted. I just got an email two days ago that eastern collared lizards were back in stock and that is a species I've been trying to get my hands on for too long. I can't blame people for buying them out quick considering how beautiful they are. Anyway I ordered one and it arrived today! If you've never heard of them they native to North America and are technically called common collared lizards though for some reason many places sell them as eastern despite the fact that the only places in the east they are found are in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. This is mostly a southwestern lizard found widely in the Southwestern U.S and northern Mexico. If you haven't seen one go to google images and look up an adult male. They have absolutely stunning elaborate but balanced colors and blue and yellow are my two favorite colors. Even females which are brownish have the beautiful patterning so while I hope I have a male I'll be happy either way. He/she's still young so we'll have to wait and see. I have adored this lizard since I was a kid and first saw one in an animal book I had. Once I confirmed I had a male I was originally going to name him Cochise after the legendary Apache chief which is fitting for the southwest but since I don't know yet I'm calling the lizard the more gender neutral sounding Yuma, after Yuma Arizona which is famous for it's frontier/western history.  

Yuma 1.JPG

Yuma 2.JPG

Yuma 3.JPG

Latest posts