Orchid mantis health problem?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax55

Reaction score
My orchid mantis is black inside its thorax and underside. She doesn’t seem out of it but I’m just concerned if she’s okay or not

961922B0-3F17-4131-8B16-F11FC458FA09.jpeg

238AEF64-90E6-4CAE-B29B-BFEE593DA3B7.jpeg

To be on the safe side, give her lots of honey water and see how she does. Is her behavior weird at all?

- MantisGirl13 

She wasn’t acting out of the ordinary. Earlier before I posted this I gave her some water which she drank without trouble.

From what I can tell from some research ive done people have had problems with black spots on their orchids before and it usually leads to death im afraid. I have found some posts on the forums talking about this. All you can do is continue to keep it and see if the mantis recovers which it could do.

@Ax55 sorry. I lost two females to this, this year. When she starts to lay her abdomen flat, it'll be two or three days.

Sorry. 😔

Seems the GI stops carrying the flies down. Maybe its infection, maybe its something else.

Could she have been infected from an injury? When she molted recently, I noticed at first there was this odd water droplet looking thing on one of her wing buds. When it dried up, I noticed it was some sort of wound; it was brown little indentation. I was too worried to mess with it because I didn’t want to hurt the mantis so I left her alone.

image.jpg

Latest posts