Orthodera novaezealandiae

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantisman.

Reaction score
Hi all, so the reason for this thread being trying to gather some info regarding how many people is trying to raise the species this year, I know every year many WC ooths are exported to various countries around the world and apparently, people always has trouble getting a decent amount of nymphs to adulthood thus usually ending in being unable to breed them and get the species stablished, I'm currently rearing the species and I would like to hear (read) other's experiences with Orthodera novaezealandiae.

I do have some experience with this species as I have bred them and had some of their ooths hatch and some did not and out of all the species I owned this is one species I like to work with even if I have little or nothing to show for it but I do try and try and right not have around 18 nymphs from l3-l5 and working with them all to see if I can get anything going!

well had some and in the past had problems with ooths not hatching when I got them from one guy from new zealand where some would not hatch at all or some would have wasps and never had too many die offs being I always try to make the conditions little better to try to keep them alive and late bunch of ooths I got only 5 out of 7 ooths hatched !

I also noticed this species can be territorial as if another gets in a area one is already in the other one will be scared off as I seen this behavior more in this species then other ones!

Latest posts