Our hymenopus coronatus viv

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gex Files

Reaction score
We finished the females new viv a week ago. Does it look okay?

We were thinking of making about the same enclosures for our P. wahlbergii and idolo's when adult. Would that be suitable for them?

Of course we would keep it less humid with the idolo's and the wahlbergii...

73577_126758477381763_100001428334668_182951_4441096_n.jpg

The others we have are still small and living in plastic deli-cups at the moment, but will move into bigger viv's when mature.

Nicely done! Keep us posted on how that style of terrarium works out. I have been interested in that style for a long time but never got around to buying one.

:lol: I did Exactly what you did to the roof of yours to 2 sides of Each my homemade mantis Enclosures. I was going for a kind of ladder thing, I think it works well grasshopers were on it alot allowing my chinese to find them, Also helps the mantis climb up the walls pretty well which would be to slick otherwise. I used green wire instead its the stuff they use to hold fake flowers together with I think. You have a decent mantis home there. :)

Hey The Gex Files,

That viv is looking very nice and comfy. ;)

Great job on providing a great home!!!

Very nice!

The purple flowers really pull it all together.

I have one of those viv's, but I always had difficulty cleaning the bottom poperly. Let us know if you come up with a good solution...

Nice work.

I know this is an old thread, and sorry for resurrecting it, but I love your enclosure setup, and was wondering if that was the 12x12x18, or the 8x8x12"? I am hoping to grab a 8x8x12" for a female hymenopus Coronatus and wanted to do a live setup using some of my orchid plants, along with other fun, visually appealing items/plants/moss. Thanks for the info,

Josh

That's a great looking enclosure! Your mantis is lucky to have such a nice home. :D

Latest posts