Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really impressed the yellow orchids are available, now where are those metallic mantids?

If hobbyists didn't all kill a lot of critters, considering their reproductive and growth rates, the entire mass of the planet would be mantids within a few years.

I know most of these posts will probably get deleted?
I don't know what Rick does but when I see a ton of posts that shouldn't be here I have a hard time figuring out what to do and I just skip it (unless I see something really terrible). I'm not sure if the unkind or +1s are more annoying posts.

I'm really impressed the yellow orchids are available, now where are those metallic mantids?

If hobbyists didn't all kill a lot of critters, considering their reproductive and growth rates, the entire mass of the planet would be mantids within a few years.

I don't know what Rick does but when I see a ton of posts that shouldn't be here I have a hard time figuring out what to do and I just skip it (unless I see something really terrible). I'm not sure if the unkind or +1s are more annoying posts.
I often do as well. However I did just clean up a two page thread full of arguing. In this case I haven't followed this one.

I was wondering now I got a new stick but it has alot of tiny blotches of moss on it and would it be a problem for nymphs and I did get the stick really wet and nuked it for 30 seconds in the microwave too and just wondering as I want to use this stick for my davisoni nymph now to replace the other one but making sure first it wont cause a mantis health hazard!

I wouldn't use any sticks that have any type of visible growth on them, be safe and just get a different one, leave the bark on for better grip when molting.

well I heard you can kill all growths and kill off any bacteria or such by microwaving the sticks I think which I did for 30 seconds and may do it a few more times just to in case!

with this davisoni nymph i would rather be safe than sorry and use bamboo skewers if you can. they are cheap and wont harm your nymph. although they may not look natural its worth it to avoid hazard

Been following this thread since the beginning and although I don't have the capacity to tend to their special needs right now, I wish you and everyone else the best of luck. Congrats Ismart.

they dont need anything fancy other then a deli cup and paper towel and a stick and mist the cup twice a day and well this is my set up and my sole davisoni is thriving and takes to her food well as I pretty sure its a female but have to wait till its a sub to be sure but main thing is it looked bleek when I first attempted this but I think I got it now!

they dont need anything fancy other then a deli cup and paper towel and a stick and mist the cup twice a day and well this is my set up and my sole davisoni is thriving and takes to her food well as I pretty sure its a female but have to wait till its a sub to be sure but main thing is it looked bleek when I first attempted this but I think I got it now!
You can do it! :)

By special needs, I mean misting all the time and getting the right...sticks. Besides, I can wait until these become more established. Just make sure you guys don't fail :mad: No pressure :tt2:

Latest posts