polk21

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodmalm

Reaction score
I ordered 2 B. mendica ooths from Szymon. There was a bit of trouble getting the funds to him in Poland. He didn't have paypal, and the post office didn't have international money orders capable of being cashed in Poland. (the post office has a list of countries that take international postal money orders.) Anyway, I took a chance and sent him cash via registered mail (well wrapped so the money couldn't be seen through the envelope.) He promptly sent me an e-mail when the funds arrived, and he sent me the ooths the next day, very well packed. He took two styrofaom slabs, cut out a little hole to hold the ooths, lined the styrofaom with cotton, and then taped the two styrofoam slabs together. This provided excellent crush and environmental insulation. It took two and a half weeks to arrive after it was shipped. --Probably due to the Christmas shipping time. Anyway, to make a long story short, this was the most stressful purchase I have made with mantids, but non of it was within Szymon's control. I was sure the ooths died in transit due to the long shipping time.

This morning I hatched out 75 babies from the first ooth!!! I couldn't believe it! (And I just ordered and paid for 10 nymphs from Yen-saw since I was so sure the ooth was dead!) I guess since the first ooth hatched, the second one probably will too, and the second ooth is larger. Guess I'll be up to my eyeballs in thistle mantids soon.

I would definitely do business with Szymon again since this deal turned out so well, even though it was stressful sending cash and waiting so long for the package to arrive. I am sure his excellent packaging made all the difference in the world.

Rodney

I ordered 2 B. mendica ooths from Szymon. There was a bit of trouble getting the funds to him in Poland. He didn't have paypal, and the post office didn't have international money orders capable of being cashed in Poland. (the post office has a list of countries that take international postal money orders.) Anyway, I took a chance and sent him cash via registered mail (well wrapped so the money couldn't be seen through the envelope.) He promptly sent me an e-mail when the funds arrived, and he sent me the ooths the next day, very well packed. He took two styrofaom slabs, cut out a little hole to hold the ooths, lined the styrofaom with cotton, and then taped the two styrofoam slabs together. This provided excellent crush and environmental insulation. It took two and a half weeks to arrive after it was shipped. --Probably due to the Christmas shipping time. Anyway, to make a long story short, this was the most stressful purchase I have made with mantids, but non of it was within Szymon's control. I was sure the ooths died in transit due to the long shipping time.This morning I hatched out 75 babies from the first ooth!!! I couldn't believe it! (And I just ordered and paid for 10 nymphs from Yen-saw since I was so sure the ooth was dead!) I guess since the first ooth hatched, the second one probably will too, and the second ooth is larger. Guess I'll be up to my eyeballs in thistle mantids soon.

I would definitely do business with Szymon again since this deal turned out so well, even though it was stressful sending cash and waiting so long for the package to arrive. I am sure his excellent packaging made all the difference in the world.

Rodney
This is constructive response we like to see, so as to improve our technique of packing and really reflect the quality of service.

Way to go, both of you gentlemen!

Luke from Taiwan

i agree with the original poster. I bought a Blepharopsis mendica female to mate with my male off Szymon around mid november time, and it arrived here in England in immaculate conditions! Perfect packaging! The first ootheca i got from the female has just hatched! thanks!!

Once again, i was impressed with how the nymphs were packed! 11 out of 10 for his packing!

all 10 nymphs arrived fine and healthy, would definitely buy off Szymon again!

Thank you very much

received 10 2nd instar orchid mantis nymphs.all in perfect condition and packed really well//he even gave me a adult male for free..A great guy..i look forward to using him again,.

Traded with Szymon several ooths. Packing is well done, a little trouble for communication in the sense of English language perhaps, but very nice the personality, and that is above all I beleive. I definitely would like to trade more with him at all possibility.

Luke from Taiwan

I have received some ooths off of Polk and I am happy to have done so, the last one hatched out 32 nymphs, not a bad hatching at all! Polk is a trustworthy person to deal with! :p

I just recieved an ooth from polk. Very well packed and fast derlivery. I will be doing bussiness with him again.

Thank-you

Paul

Got Thesprotia graminis ooth off of Simon - hatched on the same day with 12 nymphs, whick are still alive and doing great.

I also received 30 healthy Gongylus nymphs at a VERY reasonable price, so to me he is the man to do bussiness with :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 gongylus gongylodes oothecae form Szymon. Just received them today and he gave me 2 creobroter pictipennis oothecae for free! it would be easier if I knew his language but all went well so far. Thank you Szymon!

I just recieved some nice looking ooths from Szymon. He even through in some extra. Fast shipping and great packing. Cant wait for them to hatch!

I will deffinetly be doing bussiness with him again.

Thank-you!

Paul

I just recently received 6 orchid mantids from Szymon. When they arrived, I was surprised to see 5/6 of them were still alive, even though they were in transit for 9 days.

Being my second time ordering live mantids from Europe, I definitely feel more comfortable having mantids shipped over seas. 9 days is way too long for any animal, but Szymon was sure to package them with extra food, and moist paper towels to ensure their live arrival.

I today just recived 6 beautiful orchids from szymon. Not a single dead one due to the amazing packing. It took 1 week to the day for them to arrive. I am very happy and would do business again with szymon. A+ 100% good breeder.

Just received a beautiful pair of Orchid mantids today. Arrived healthy and they are so beautiful! I was so worried about ordering from overseas but I was mistaken. They were expertly packed and even though the temps here are frigid in the east and midwest they arrived warm and healthy. I wanted to add these to my breeding pool. So happy with the transaction, And they are purple!!! Thanks, Patricia

Few days ago I received a package from polk21. I ordered from him 2 subadult female orchid mantids. Both females arrived safe and sound. The box was insulated with foam and paper. There was even a heatpack to keep them warm. I'm really happy with my purchase from Szymon and will definitely but more from him in the future.