Praying Mantis Kid's book- pictures needed!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some pics you can use, @Prayingmantisqueen! I have some great ones of my adult male ghost (he is amazingly beautiful) and my green-gold female. Should I email the best ones to you?

- MantisGirl13

Sure! I was trying to add a poll to this tread of who would like a book if I ever get it published/printed but cant.

If I use LULU it would be about $10 a book for me to have it printed. Idk about shipping yet... haven't got that far! I am excited. I think I'll work on it a bit tonight when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see if I can take some nice pics of my ghosts tomorrow. 

- MantisGirl13

I need a site where i can put large fliles, Does someone know a site? It is for the pics I want to send  to prayingmantisqueen :)

Ok so if any body has pictures of a chinese mantid L2- L6 I need those. 

Also I am explaing in the book about:

Molts

Instars

Ooth and hatching

L1-Adult

Laying the ooth

And a gallery of different mantis pictures

Does anyone have any ideas of things they would like me to include?

@Little Mantis @Graceface @MantisGirl13 @Synapze and others

Molts

Instars

Ooth and hatching

L1-Adult

Laying the ooth

You should include what they eat and how they need bigger prey as they grow.

- MantisGirl13

Well at the different instars I have included what size and what they like to eat at that instar. I will upload some pics sometime this week.

Molts

Instars

Ooth and hatching

L1-Adult

Laying the ooth

Maps.  My boy loves maps.  Might be easier to show where they are from than just a location name.  Maybe the map can be the background of the page?

Im not sure how much this book will be geared towards care and keeping, or if it is just about mantids in general. If you are covering care, Maybe a bit about health/llness and enclosures/housing. 

Maps.  My boy loves maps.  Might be easier to show where they are from than just a location name.  Maybe the map can be the background of the page?
I love it! That is a great idea

I'm trying to get some better photos, but it is so hard to get good, HD, detailed shots. I should've asked for a macro lens for my birthday ?

Im not sure how much this book will be geared towards care and keeping, or if it is just about mantids in general. If you are covering care, Maybe a bit about health/llness and enclosures/housing. 
I think it is a good idea too add that too. Maybe the readers will like to try to raise a mantis too. Maybe adding a few species that is good for beginners too..

Great idea! I never thought of that before!

I will definately include something along thise lines. Thanks for reminding me.

I think it is a good idea too add that too. Maybe the readers will like to try to raise a mantis too. Maybe adding a few species that is good for beginners too..
Thats a good idea! Do you have any suggestions for beginning species? I mean I know I started with a tendora sinensis but they aren't the easiest...

Latest posts