Praying Mantis Kid's book- pictures needed!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI I am having trouble getting the fonts embedded  (??!!?? Aka I have no idea what that means) and I had to reformat the entire thing for LULU so I may choose Stuben Press if they can help me better IDK!! 

Help from LULU would be way put of my price range ($1,000 to do the book) so I have to do it true DIY fashion.

Thanks for any imput!

Well it was in Calbira(?) and then it said to embed it or change the font to such and such. When I did change it, it messed up all the layout so I fixed everything and tried to upload it again but same thing. I am lost for what to do. They have a page on how to embed fonts but since I am not too techy I can't make sense of it.   :(

Well it was in Calbira(?) and then it said to embed it or change the font to such and such. When I did change it, it messed up all the layout so I fixed everything and tried to upload it again but same thing. I am lost for what to do. They have a page on how to embed fonts but since I am not too techy I can't make sense of it.   :(
There are several things to this issue;

What type of computer are you using? (PC or Mac)

What program did you use? (Word, other)

What file extension are you using? Example MantisBook.doc

What extension does LuLu need?

One of us maybe able to help.

Also, save multiple copies.  If you are going to try new font or layout save it with a slightly different name so you dont mess up your Master copy.  Example; MantisBook 2.doc

Everytime you make a change save with a new name.  This will give you a history of work, and reference if you need it.  When you get your final Draft you can save as and label it.  Example; MantisBook Final.doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Pun1sh3R

I am using:

PC

Word

Doc and PDF

Doc or PDF

Also, save multiple copies.  If you are going to try new font or layout save it with a slightly different name so you dont mess up your Master copy.  Example; MantisBook 2.doc

Everytime you make a change save with a new name.  This will give you a history of work, and reference if you need it.  When you get your final Draft you can save as and label it.  Example; MantisBook Final.doc
Right. I have a few copies labeled as such.

Any help would be welcome. I also am gonna ask a friend on Sat about it too.

What version of MS Word are you using? There should be an option to: Save As/Tools/Save Options/Embed fonts. Then you can save as PDF. 

If your version of MS Word cannot save as PDF,  you can download and install free software for that, like doPDF (http://www.dopdf.com/)

I believe LuLu prefers uploads in PDF format already. Here are link to an article in LuLu’s h support area on how to embed fonts in the PDF document:

http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/33148

Hope this helps.

If your version of MS Word cannot save as PDF,  you can download and install free software for that, like doPDF (http://www.dopdf.com/)

I believe LuLu prefers uploads in PDF format already. Here are link to an article in LuLu’s h support area on how to embed fonts in the PDF document:

http://connect.lulu.com/en/discussion/33148

Hope this helps.
Thank you. 

My 2010 version of MS word can save as PDF. But I do not see the options you mentioned.          Maybe my version is too old to have that option? 

LuLu does prefer PDF. But they also accept Word.docs. I think if I can get the fonts embeded (hard) and it into a PDF (easy) then the flattening and distorting issue may be resolved- IDK...

I have tried the embed thing on LuLu and I guess I'm not techy enough to figure it out- which is wierd because I usually can..

You can search embedding fonts for MS Word 2010 online, but try this:

1. Click the File tab and go to Options.

2. At the left of the dialog box, click save.

3. Check the “Embed Fonts In the File” check box.

4. Click Ok.

You can search embedding fonts for MS Word 2010 online, but try this:

1. Click the File tab and go to Options.

2. At the left of the dialog box, click save.

3. Check the “Embed Fonts In the File” check box.

4. Click Ok.
Great minds think alike!

I was like- why bother these folks when I probably can Youtube it? Ya know, YouTube university...! 

They told me to do what you said and of course I did it... Waiting for it to save, will see if it works!

On another note, maybe we should move this to PM until it gets resolved because the topic is not in the scope of the forum?

Latest posts