Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii, just molted to L5

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papilio_

Reaction score
I feel compelled to do a shoot every time one of the mantids molts, which with flower mantids seems to be about once a week. :)

Strange to realize that this little mantis is now in the same instar as my Idolos, what monsters they are!

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii, L5

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the lavender eyes!! So beautiful. The pic at the bottom is a fun one. It looks like your little one is saying"Pick me up!"

Wow. The last picture remains me of a scene from "Lord of the Rings" when Gandalf vs. Galrog. (YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!)

I love the lavender eyes!! So beautiful. The pic at the bottom is a fun one. It looks like your little one is saying"Pick me up!"
LOL Thanks a lot Sticky!

Wow. The last picture remains me of a scene from "Lord of the Rings" when Gandalf vs. Galrog. (YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!)
Thanks Vlodek! Haha ... someone said the same thing about that pic on flickr! :)

Hi dmina,

Not quite yet, I've received some Orchid nymphs which are taking most of my attention right now, but I'm hoping to get a few images of the freshly molted wahlis today or tomorrow, hopefully even a focus stack or two if I get an especially cooperative mantis.

I understand about the mantis cooperating... They just want to climb on the camera... and play... They are not professional at all!

Latest posts