Pterinochilus murinus ( starburst baboon)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samzo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have got another T to my collection. This time a bit more ferocious..

It's a lovely red star burst baboon (Pterinochilus murinus) who is fairly big (arprox 12cm). That may sound small but man..I won't want to be bitten by this guy! Unfortunatly I don't have a pic yet but will do over due corse.

ooo, nice one! I have four of the little guys so it will be fun to see then grow up to get all big and strong :D - weird thing about them is they were put into sterilised soil with an egg carton as a retreat (they're only an inch long) - and now there are *mushrooms* growing in the soil :shock: - it's not the soil as i've used it in the other enclosures without the egg cartons and no mushrooms... anyone else had any experience of this?

Sterile or not, if mushrooms are growing it must be too wet and/or humid in the enclosure. I keep all of mine (including their mother since she was a spiderling) on bone dry substrate and mist them (their web or sides of the enclosure) once a week or so.

Mushrooms lol Never had that, it's on damp substrate online because it's new. When it drys I will mist.

Latest posts